Patch 1.80 should be available on Feb 2nd around 4PM PST.
We are making balance changes to two cards: Entropic Gaze and Grandmaster Variax.
Prismatic versions of these cards are disenchantable for full spirit value for approximately 1 week after the change.
Entropic Gaze – Damage dealt reduced from 4 to 2.
Magmar games are ending slightly faster than we’d like due to how easily they can win with cards from their action bar. We’re reducing Entropic Gaze’s damage to shift its focus towards decks that care about players drawing cards, instead of it being used primarily as just another finisher.
Grandmaster Variax – Cost increased from 7 to 8. Stats increased from 7/7 to 8/8.
While we love that Grandmaster Variax has a significant (and AWESOME) impact when summoned, the combination of early mana spring tiles and Darkfire Sacrifices are allowing her to take over games too consistently in the early turns. We are shifting the Grandmaster up to an 8-cost minion so that she can continue to crush games, just a little less early and a little less often.
Monthly Quest – Common Crate Key
For the duration of February, we are adding a one-time monthly quest (complete 15 quests) that rewards 1 Common Crate Key.
New Boss Battles Arriving Soon
We’re loading up even more bosses for you to battle. Expect to see some familiar faces, with colorful twists, in the coming weeks.
Bug Fixes and Minor Changes
- Added a “pending” icon for completed matches where post-game results have not been processed by the server. Matches that “hit a snag” should no longer show up as losses by default on your match history, but will instead show “pending” until the server processes the match results.
Upcoming / Roadmap
- Continuous Draft / Rainbow Deck mode (as previewed in last patch notes).
- Card Expansions for 2017 – so many new cards!
- Duelyst for Android and iOS.
- Duelyst for console.
- Localization, translation, and international release.
Don’t Forget Your Free Keys!
If you haven’t already, you can claim free Common Crate Keys for following Duelyst on Social Media.