Notes from the Design Team
A Note about Balance Changes and Frequency
Hello Duelyst players!
Now that Duelyst has left open beta and is officially released, the game is in a stable state from a design perspective. This means that the frequency of balance changes is going to be reduced, and the end of month patch will no longer be the place to expect them.
Balance changes will only occur when they are necessary, and in the case where changes are required, the team will implement them as soon as they are ready, tested, and validated.
The design team is always making sure to track the state of play, and review game data and feedback from the community. New options and additions to the game are constantly being tested, and the design team will always aim to provide players with the tools required to compete.
We greatly appreciate all of the helpful feedback from the community, and will continue to use it to ensure the best play experience possible.
Season Rank Rollover Changes
S-Rank and Diamond players will now start at rank 11 at the beginning of the new season.
Monthly Cards – Tribal
This month we’re bringing out four new minions, including the first Structure outside of the Vetruvian faction.
- Mana Cost of MECHAZ0R when played as a card in hand increased from 5 to 7.
Gate 6: Trials of the Seven Stars challenges have been updated to incorporate Bloodborn Spells.
Minor Changes and Bug Fixes
- Fixed a targeting bug where you would get a “Not a valid target” message while trying to perform a valid action.
- Improved game engine performance.
- UI Transitions between Menu, Matchmaking, and Game screens have been polished.
- Improved tournament gift code reward redemption architecture.