We expect to start the roll out of Patch 1.70 late tonight PST August 15th 2016.
Pre-Order Denizens of Shim’Zar Orbs
We’re putting the finishing touches on our first 90+ card expansion: The Denizens of Shim’Zar!
Most importantly, it’s landing on August 31st! Get a head start, and grab your orbs at a discount before then: 50 Shim’Zar orbs for $49.99 USD
By preordering, you immediately unlock the brand new Shim’Zar card back too!
Depending on your system, you should experience a 15-30% improvement in runtime performance during your in-game matches and Collection screen.
Meanwhile, we have a number of other performance tunings geared towards lower end PCs—Leave no Dell behind!
Mystery Crate Changes
We made a few small changes to the Mystery Crate rewards:
- Mystery Crates no longer give you duplicate cosmetic items, until you own all of the cosmetic items at a given rarity. For example, if you were awarded a particular Rare cosmetic item, you’re guaranteed to be given a Rare item that you don’t already own next time. However, if you already own every Rare cosmetic item, you’d be given Spirit for the duplicate instead.
- The contents of Mystery Crates have changed: Mystery Crates now contain Prismatic cards and cosmetic items only, and the number of cosmetic items for each crate type have increased.
- The amount of Spirit awarded for duplicate cosmetic items has been increased as follows:
- Common: 50 Spirit
- Rare: 100 Spirit
- Epic: 150 Spirit
- Legendary: 350 Spirit
- The chance to obtain high-rarity items increases with each type of Mystery Crate, and these rates have been increased across the board.
We recognize that the Mystery Crates are not for everyone: Not every player will get excited about a discount for random cosmetics. But we still feel this system has a place in the game.
Dance of Dreams – New Card Back
“Nothing is destroyed… only transformed.”
Spirit Orb Opening 2.0
We’ve had a moment to catch up on a few art tasks, the first of which is this brand new epic Spirit Orb opening screen that adds a little drama: Each of the gem shards inside the Orb reflects the rarity color of the card you’re about to get! Click to reveal each card.
I just want you to know: this feature narrowly beat out a global Serpenti counter.
Custom Deck select shows Card Back
When you set a card back for a deck, you can now see it during Deck Select to quickly distinguish your decks.
Codex Chapters 19-20
Steam Buddy List Sync
Steam is in final phases of stability testing as we continue to add new features.
Going forward, whenever you launch the game on Steam, we’ll auto-sync your in-game buddy list to include any Steam friends also playing!
We’ve added a Tournament Winner ribbon and a few unique tournament exclusive cosmetic rewards to DUELYST. Hop over to the events page to join a tournament to win one of these rewards!
Head over to the Duelyst Events page to find and join sanctioned tournaments.
Minor Changes and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Faction Basic cards were not included in Gauntlet draft choices.
- Generals can be swapped during deck building. (Never thought we’d see the day.)
- Blood Taura is back in the Gauntlet. Everyone back to work!
- End Turn changes color to “done green” only after you’ve also replaced and used your Blood Born spell if available.
- Fixed an issue where you can add a friend, message them, and remove them causing their game client to bug out.
- Seven Sisters and Collector Supreme achievements should account for Prismatics.