Quick Note: We’re hard at work on S-Rank ladder improvements, next expansion, performance polish, and the mobile build. Hang tight if your most anticipated feature isn’t out yet! We’re going to get you more DUELYST updates in the end of the month patch and beyond.
Starting with Patch 1.72 you can spectate friends in your buddy list. When a friend is in-game you will see a “spectate” button in place of the “challenge” button. Once you are in-game with a friend, all game events are close to real-time.
You can always block spectators in the settings if you don’t want friends to spectate your games.
Note: Spectating players not on your buddy list and/or featured games is in the works, but not yet part of this update.
Server desync Handling
We’ve improved how the server handles clients that drop packets and their game getting out of sync with the server. Your client should detect these cases and offer you the option to attempt to reload the game.
Humble Bundle Cosmetics
We’ve added some fun cosmetics that will be a part of an upcoming Humble Bundle: stay tuned on how to earn these!
- Incoming notifications are handled better and will no longer show until you are out of loading screens.
- Fixed an issue where you could receive a friendly game challenge during loading screens.
- Starter 10 Orb Bundle purchase flow has been improved for Paypal and Steam.
- Fixed an issue with interaction of Mark of Solitude and Battle Pets.
- Fixed visual display of Prismatic Shadow Creep.
- Fixed an issue where Sphere of Darkness can not target spaces with Spell Immune minions.
- Fixed an issue that was causing low frame rate on accounts that have been registered since the BETA due to an Analytics snag.
- Fixed an issue where Sworn Sister L’Kian could pull in token spells like Kage Lightning.
- Fixed an issue where the opponents Bloodborn Spell was not showing readiness status.
- Fixed an issue where Xho could give you a Bloodborn Spell.
- Fixed an issue where stealing (Dominate Will) a Grove Lion would not always transfer Force Field to your own General.
- Fixed an issue where playing Rok + Golden Mantella in the same deck could freeze the game.
- Fixed an issue where Battle Pets that have 0 attack still tried to attack. They no longer will.
- Fixed an issue where the Mechaz0r drawn from Z0r could halt Mechaz0r progress via other Mech minions.
- Fixed an issue where skinned cards counted as separate cards for generating choices in Gauntlet.
- Improved client side and server side performance and responsiveness of marking cards as read in your collection.
- Fixed an issue where Forcefield + Regalia was causing AI to never attack your general.
- Egg hatching has been cleaned up to work consistently in all cases.
- Mechaz0r can still be built after you summon one from hand.
Are you a Duelyst Grandmaster?
Fight for a seat at the Duelyst World Championship and a slice of the $2,000 USD cash prize on this weekend’s Duelyst Open! This is a free for all tournament open to you and all Duelyst players in the world.
Sign up now by going to the Duelyst’s Open tournament page.
To learn more about the Duelyst World Championship go here.