We expect Patch 1.79 to be released on Jan 18th/19th 2017.
Over the next few weeks we will be testing out a brand new feature we’re very excited about: Limited Time Boss Battles
We’re super excited. Here’s how it all works:
- During select time periods a special boss event will become available for a limited time (we are planning for the first 2 to be available for a week starting on a Monday and ending on Sunday).
- You will see a callout for the Boss Battle in the main menu.
- Each Boss is a unique AI controlled opponent with a unique deck and starting board state.
- Defeating the Boss in battle will earn you 1 Free Spirit Orb and a unique Boss Crate.
- The Boss crate costs $4.99 to unlock and contains:
- 1 Common Chest Key
- 1 Gauntlet Ticket
- 3 Shim’zar Spirit Orbs
- 1 Random Legendary Card
- The Boss crate expires 48 hours after you have earned it.
We will be testing out 2 Boss Battles over the next few weeks to gather feedback so make sure to check-in next week. We’re excited to hear what you think!
Free Card of The Day is replacing The Daily Challenge
We putting The Daily Challenge on a break and replacing it with a Free Common Card of the Day. You can claim one random common craftable card every 24 hours in place of the 5 Gold reward that the challenges offered.
We know there are a lot of challenge lovers out there so we want to regroup and explore a better vehicle to deliver challenges for those players that love that game mode.
If you are interested in authoring challenges, we’re looking for folks willing to contribute! Fill out the form here and we’ll be in touch: https://goo.gl/forms/f11MAlL70tWgLdH33
In 2017 we’re going to take a step away from adding Monthly Cards to each season on a regular basis and instead we want to focus on bigger expansions and seasonal special events.
There are 3 main reasons:
- The Core set was continuously getting more expensive and was starting to have too much rarity creep.
- We could only effectively do Neutrals.
- It puts a lot of community focus on only a small set of four cards, pressuring us to print universally viable neutral cards instead of cards that make great sense as part of a cohesive expansion theme.
The Season Reward Crate will still contain 1 card for each division you’ve achieved at the same rarity as before.
Match History Maintenance Note
As part of some housekeeping in 2017, during the rollout of this patch, we will be wiping old match history on your profile page. In the near future we will do our best to re-import the old match history from 2016 into the new system.
Sneak Peak: Continuous Draft Mode
We don’t often preview things here at Counterplay Games, but we’re going to make a dangerous exception and tease a new limited time game mode we plan to release in the near future: a Continuous Draft Mode.
In this mode, you will pick a General, receive a fairly basic starting deck, and improve your deck over time by leveling up.
But there are a number of twists including something special: in this mode you can build cross faction decks.
That’s all we’re going to reveal for right now, but feel free to start dreaming up zany cross faction combos you can build.
We’re continuing to put most of our effort into 3 major areas:
* Mobile and Console development.
* Localization and worldwide release.
* Card Expansions, Boss Events, and new Game Modes.
Don’t forget your free Keys!
If you haven’t already, you can claim free Common Crate Keys for following Duelyst on Social Media